To Love And To Hold 1




************
  "Go for the audition" deola says for the tenth time today rolling her eyes and her hands on her waist. I would have laughed at her pose if I wasn't seriously thinking about going.
I am owing 4 months rent and I have a sick sister to take care of and instead of me rushing to the audition that deola suffered to get me a slot at, I am here thinking about kola that has moved on, I look at her and the look on her face shows concern but I am not sure what she is concerned about, me? Or the rent I'm owing her?.
 "Hello, earth to derin" she says snapping her finger in my face
" you can wear your black body con gown that makes you look like Kim kardashain without the sex tape and of course the money " she adds pulling out her tongue
" ode, I'm not going sugar daddy or man hunting, it's an audition and I don't know what it's for sef " I say as I walk towards the bathroom to get ready for the audition.
" it's a classified audition, it's for the elites and de creme de la creme of the society, shey I told you what I did to get it, you should be licking my feet " she says as I enter the bathroom and zone her voice out
" blah blah blah " I say as I start to shower.
   ***********
" you look smashing , nicki minaj!!!" deola squeaks and try to adjust the gown
 " I feel too dressed up " I say
"I don't even know what I'm auditioning for " I add and slump on our worn out couch
Deola holds my hands with a concerned loom on her face
" derin, please go and get your life back, I don't need a depressed best friend, I have tried for 5 months but I miss my mama dee, please don't ruin this for us " she says and squeezes my hands
I hug her and fight the tears that are threatening to fall
 " God punish love and punish kola " I say and start to leave.
 " break a leg!" I hear Deola say and I smile.
*************
  I walk into the reception and I almost faint at the sight of the amount of girls here, I feel so intimidated and I am not sure my legs can function anymore, I take a deep breath and shake off whatever low self esteem I have. I walk over to the receptionist
" Hi, my name is Aderinsola Adams, I'm here for the audition" I don't even sound like me
She hands me a registration form, I fill and I'm surprised at how I can still write, I thought I lost myself when I lost kola.
I look around the reception again and I take a even deeper breath
 " is everybody here for the audition? I ask hoping that she says no
"Yes they are, so get seated please, madam" she says and rolls her eyes
"All this receptionist and attitude " I mutter to myself as I find somewhere to seat





Don't forget to comment, share and follow on Instagram and twitter
@rees_diary

Comments

Popular Posts